Welcome to The Graduate Mentoring Center at Indiana University!
Graduate students, The Graduate Mentoring Center (The GMC) is here to support you. To do this, we focus on five questions that are guided by five tenets: Balance, Community, Culture, Mentorship, and Scholarship. Our programs and services are designed to help you answer these questions and create a holistic approach to pursing and completing your graduate degree.
- Balance: What resources and knowledge do you need to discover, achieve, maintain, and sustain balance and/or equilibrium in your life?
- Community: What resources and knowledge do you need to identify, create, and maintain personal and professional communities of support and to utilize resources and networks?
- Culture: What resources and knowledge do you need to learn to negotiate the cultures in which and with which you live/engage in Bloomington, at IU, and as part of your larger academic community?
- Mentorship: What resources and knowledge do you need to find a mentor or to be a mentor and to succeed and thrive during and after your graduate life?
- Scholarship: What resources and knowledge do you need to understand and meet the scholarship and research expectations of your discipline(s) during and after your graduate career?
Throughout the semester, take time to ask yourself these questions. Your answers may surprise you. You may even discover that you are unable to answer them. Whatever your answers and wherever you are in the process, know that we - peers, faculty, and staff - are here to provide information, resources, and guidance that will make your time here more fulfilling and successful.
Don't hesitate to contact us with your questions and concerns: email@example.com.
Maria Hamilton Abegunde, PhD